
We have had a hard week! Grace started a slight rash on Tuesday, only the nurse was in and said to keep her on the antibiotics for her ear infection, that it wasn't the cause of the rash. On Wednesday it was horrible, the doctor said it was an allergic reaction and to take her off immediately, he put her on a antihistamine for itching, Tylenol for any fever and wanted to see her on Friday morning. Friday it didn't really seem that much better and she started to get bruising under the bumps on her back, tummy, arms and legs....... I was getting really worried, he ordered blood work and started her on steroids. Grace was amazing getting her blood taken, the nurse was speechless. She couldn't believe that she sat all by herself and didn't make a peep, she just watched her take her blood and was happy to get a sticker. She's our little trooper! We then headed down to Children's Hospital because I was still worried and it was going to take a couple of hours for blood results. While we were being seen by the er doctor at Children's Grace's doctor called to give me the results of her blood work, it was good news her platelets were normal and I was relieved! The two doctors agreed on treatment and we'll see her regular pediatrician on Monday. She seems to be getting a little better every day now but it may take two weeks to see a huge improvement. I really hope she doesn't have any scars from all the broken capillaries on here face....... I'm just glad that she doesn't have a fever anymore and seems to be feeling better. I had never seen what a severe allergic reaction looked like before. My mom and the doctors wanted me to take pictures to document how bad the reaction was, they can put them into her chart so in the future any doctor that treats her knows how allergic she is! Last night Ellie and Amelia both had fevers and tummy aches but only Ellie was vomiting, I just pray for my girls to get better and stay healthy..... Thank you for all your calls of concern, it's helped us get through this hard time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment