Saturday, November 29, 2008

Decorating our tree

The evening started with Daddy opening Christmas boxes so we could start decorating, when he opened the first one we (the kids) instantly found the noise makers. You know, those little annoying toys you (we) buy every year that the kids love to play with over and over and over again. Well this year they REALLY loved them. lol Luckily they each picked a different one and didn't argue over them. They were so cute dancing all over the place. Every year Daddy puts all 100 strands of lights on our tree, then we all decorate it together. Well, this year all three of the girls were big enough and really wanted to help. It was great to be able to all do it together but it was also a little hectic. It was like a little mob rushing the tree carrying breakable ornaments! lol It's also our cat, Tiny's first Christmas, so you can only imagine what he was doing when he saw a tree inside the house. He was batting at all the ornaments, trying to climb the tree and hiding in all the empty bags and boxes! Oh boy, I said I wanted everything full of life and chaos. Believe me, I got it. lol The best part was, my parents stopped by to try some of my banana bread and just sat there laughing at all the chaos going on around them. lol My Dad even asked "those toys (noise makers) don't start to bug you"? I was like "well, we just got them out an hour ago". lol
So, I know it's hectic, loud, messy and full of chaos but I still love every minute of it!
Merry Christmas!


Tickle, tickle Amelia.

Our own private dance party.

Amelia dancing like the penguin.

0 comments: