Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer is here!

Summer is here! We are so excited to start our summer. :) Chris is done teaching on the 16th and the girls start their swim lessons that same day. I've been hanging out in the front yard with the girls, they have been playing in the water and having fun in their swimsuits. Today we went to the beach! Yes, I did it by myself. Everyone always says "WOW you're brave". lol Yes, it is a challenge but you have to not only live life but enjoy it too. :) I'm really trying to practice that. Having three so little it's easy to get caught up with just the chores and normal routines of your everyday life. The true enjoyment comes with spontaneity. I will say, it is still a challenge but a fun one! Take the ride!
They had a blast! I took our little next door neighbor Marliese with us too, she is almost ten and the girls just adore her. Amelia loved playing with the shovel and putting her feet in the water. Elizabeth loved making sandcastles and finding sea shells with Marliese. Grace............. well, she just loved it all. She was ALL OVER the place, she was eating sand, trying to jump in the water, digging and trying to climb up the rocks! LOL It's a good thing Elizabeth and Amelia are more focused on one thing at a time so I can deal with Miss social butterfly. Amelia and Grace said "hi" and "bye" to EVERYONE that passed us. It was so cute and everyone stopped to say hello. Happy summer everyone!

0 comments: